We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got the South to thank for this simple and wonderful veggie side dish. Loaded with sweet shoepeg corn and buttery lima beans, our Anytime Succotash is just as good served with your chicken dinner, as it is served on a special occasion.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
What To Do:
- Cook lima beans according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Pulse corn in a food processor 8 to 10 times, or until coarsely chopped.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; stir in sugar, salt, and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Add corn and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until corn is tender and mixture is thickened, stirring often. Stir in lima beans. Garnish with bacon and serve immediately.
For savory creamed corn, simply follow the recipe above, omitting the lima beans.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 199
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 3.4g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 8.3g 17 %
- Cholesterol 16mg 5 %
- Sodium 535mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 6.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to sunshine, good-times, and Southern Peach Cobbler! Just imagine warm, gooey cinnamon peaches, a crusty crust, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and that's summertime in the South. But you know what? You don't have to be below the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy this one!