We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Save the jack-o'-lantern pumpkins for decorating your house, and make sure to pick up some pie pumpkins that are perfect for cooking and baking. Sauteed Pumpkin is a tasty autumn veggie treat that's sure to become an autumn tradition.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie pumpkin (about 1-1/2 pounds), seeded, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (see Tips)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pumpkin, and stir to coat well. Cover skillet and cook until pumpkin softens, mixing occasionally.
- Uncover skillet and saute 15 minutes, or until golden and fork-tender.
- Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with maple syrup. Serve warm.
Selecting a Pumpkin: Choose a brightly colored pumpkin that is heavy for its size. It should have a thick, hard shell with no soft spots, blemishes, bruises, or cuts.
Pumpkin Preparation Tips: For this recipe, you should only use fresh pumpkins that have not been carved or used as decoration. Cover your cutting surface with a cloth to prevent the pumpkin from slipping. Using a sharp, heavy knife, insert the tip of the knife into the pumpkin and cut it in half. Clean by removing the seeds and strings with a spoon then peel with a vegetable peeler or pairing knife, and proceed as directed above.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate Mardi Gras with a New Orleans classic! Beignets are basically fritters, in that they're made from dough that's dropped into hot oil and deep-fried until golden and delicious. Before they're ready to be enjoyed our Mardi Gras Beignets are sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, just like they do in N'awlins!
- Amish Pickled Beets
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Fried Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Cauliflower Griddle Cakes
- Baked Eggplant
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Buttery Cabbage