Autumn Creamed Spinach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need to add a veggie dish to your spread that everyone will actually eat? Try this simple creamed spinach recipe. Thanks to convenient, frozen chopped spinach, and a few simple add-ins, you can make Autumn Creamed Spinach at a moment's notice!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in the flour until combined and golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Two 10-ounce packages of fresh spinach can also be used; just chop and boil it until tender, then drain well and proceed as above.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 313
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 87 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 6.9g 14 %
- Cholesterol 97mg 32 %
- Sodium 469mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 1.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.