We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you used to stand over the stove and fry sliced eggplant a few pieces at a time? Oh, what a mess it is to clean up! Well, you don't have to do that anymore. Baked is the only way to go!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Spread mayonnaise evenly on both sides of eggplant slices then coat completely with bread crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until eggplant is tender and coating is golden.
If you soak sliced eggplant in cold salt water for about 1/2 hour then pat it dry before breading it, that should take away some of its sharp taste.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 304
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 6.1g 12 %
- Cholesterol 10mg 3 %
- Sodium 809mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.7g 27 %
- Sugars 7.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
A platter of crispy sweet potato pancakes is always welcome for holiday entertaining. This healthy pancake recipe is our twist on the spuds, making great use of sweet potatoes as a tasty alternative. We especially love this recipe as the weather starts to get chilly, but don't be afraid to make these tasty bites any time of the year!