Cauliflower Steamin' Stir Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A stir fry with no oil?? Believe it! Now you've got a side dish choice that's great-tasting and good for you, too.
What You'll Need
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 2/3 cup ready-to-use (not condensed) chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 scallions cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
What to Do
- In a large skillet, "sauté" the cauliflower and carrots in 1/3 cup chicken broth over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, scallions, and garlic and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/3 cup chicken broth, the soy sauce, and the sugar. Pour the mixture over the cauliflower mixture, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork tender.
If you'd like to turn this into a complete meal, just add pieces of leftover cooked chicken or beef during the last 5 minutes of cooking and serve it over steamed rice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.