Corn, Okra, and Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is fresh, fresh, FRESH and so, so yummy! Corn Okra and Tomatoes are a great combo for a dish full of texture, flavor, and ooh it's so good!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 2-1/2 cups kernels) (see Note)
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until tender, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add corn kernels, okra, salt, and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
- To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
- Raid your garden or the corner market for this savory summer side dish. And remember, the fresher the better when you're making a veggie dish such as this. Vegetables lose flavor and nutrients when they sit in the fridge!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!