Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!
What You'll Need
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place cauliflower in a large pot and add just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash until mixture is well combined.
- For a quick-and-easy baked version, add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 4 beaten eggs to the mixture and place in an 8-inch square baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden and set.
- With cauliflower being all the rage and so versatile, here's a collection of delicious cauliflower recipes sure to inspire you!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 140
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 11g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 6.5g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 3.9g 8 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 531mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 10g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.9g 16 %
- Sugars 3.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)