Crispy Crunchy Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The double breading on these onion rings makes them super crispy and delicious. You won't believe how fast our Crispy Crunchy Onion Rings disappear. They're great for munching on or serving alongside your favorite main dishes.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices and separated into rings
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Whisk in buttermilk and egg. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip onion rings into batter, then into bread crumbs, until evenly coated on all sides.
- Place coated onion rings in hot oil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining onion slices. Serve immediately.
If desired, sprinkle with salt before serving.
- Serve these with your favorite dipping sauce. Here's our yummy recipe for Ranch Dressing!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.