Crispy Crunchy Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The double breading on these onion rings makes them super crispy and delicious. You won't believe how fast our Crispy Crunchy Onion Rings disappear. They're great for munching on or serving alongside your favorite main dishes.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices and separated into rings
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Whisk in buttermilk and egg. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip onion rings into batter, then into bread crumbs, until evenly coated on all sides.
- Place coated onion rings in hot oil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining onion slices. Serve immediately.
If desired, sprinkle with salt before serving.
- Serve these with your favorite dipping sauce. Here's our yummy recipe for Ranch Dressing!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!