We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Broccoli just becomes that much more appealing when it's got a bit of a garlicky kick, doesn't it? We love this easy vegetable recipe for Garlicky Broccoli 'cause it's got a classic flavor that'll make it a hit with even the pickiest of eaters, but it's still unique enough to stand out during dinner. The best part though has to be how we're able to whip up this dish in under 10 minutes, so we've got more time to prepare the main course.
What You'll Need
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh broccoli florets (about 5 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add broccoli, and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until broccoli starts to brown. Remove from heat; stir in garlic, and let stand 1 minute.
- Add broth to skillet, and return to heat. Cover and simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in pine nuts, salt, and pepper.
Pine nuts are high in fat, but you only need to use a small amount to add rich flavor to light dishes like this one. Store extra pine nuts in the refrigerator or freezer. And feel free to substitute walnuts for the pine nuts, if you'd like.