Lemony Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Keep your holidays zesty with Lemony Green Beans. This recipe is as fast as it is tasty.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pound green beans, stem-end trimmed, and halved
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat. When the skillet is hot, add the almonds and toast for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden; remove almonds and set aside.
- Add green beans to the skillet with water, oil, and salt. Increase heat to medium-high, cover skillet, and cook beans for 5 to 8 minutes, until bright-colored and fork-tender.
- Uncover and continue to cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, until the water evaporates and the green beans begin to sauté.
- Turn off heat, stir in toasted almonds, lemon peel, and parsley. Serve immediately.
Olive oil can be used to season, sauté, fry, and even bake. When replacing pourable oils with olive oil, simply replace the amount of oil specified in the recipe with the same amount of olive oil. If substituting olive oil for butter or margarine, use about one-fourth less olive oil.
Recipe and tips copyright and courtesy of the North American Olive Oil Association. For more information, visit www.aboutoliveoil.org.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.