Lemony Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Keep your holidays zesty with Lemony Green Beans. This recipe is as fast as it is tasty.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pound green beans, stem-end trimmed, and halved
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat. When the skillet is hot, add the almonds and toast for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden; remove almonds and set aside.
- Add green beans to the skillet with water, oil, and salt. Increase heat to medium-high, cover skillet, and cook beans for 5 to 8 minutes, until bright-colored and fork-tender.
- Uncover and continue to cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, until the water evaporates and the green beans begin to sauté.
- Turn off heat, stir in toasted almonds, lemon peel, and parsley. Serve immediately.
Olive oil can be used to season, sauté, fry, and even bake. When replacing pourable oils with olive oil, simply replace the amount of oil specified in the recipe with the same amount of olive oil. If substituting olive oil for butter or margarine, use about one-fourth less olive oil.
Recipe and tips copyright and courtesy of the North American Olive Oil Association. For more information, visit www.aboutoliveoil.org.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cookie recipe combines two of Mrs. Claus' holiday favorites: gingerbread and eggnog! Mrs. Claus' Holiday Cookie Cups look great on a Christmas cookie platter, but they taste even better. After all, what could be better than a gingerbread cup filled with a fluffy eggnog cream? (Rumor has it that Santa and the elves really love these!)