Sweet and Sour Irish Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet and Sour Irish Cabbage hails from Ireland and is a great St. Patrick's Day side dish. Serve with corned beef for real Irish flavor!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage (about half a medium head)
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat all ingredients except cabbage 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cabbage and stir to coat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
If you loved this Irish dinner recipe, be sure to also check out our recipe for Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)