Okra and Corn Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm, once you taste this favorite Southern side dish packed with bacon, you'll be hooked! This homestyle recipe is guaranteed to be partnering with all kinds of main dishes on your dinner table throughout the year.
What You'll Need:
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on a paper towel-lined platter then crumble and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the red pepper and scallions over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in okra, corn, tomato, salt, and black pepper, and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in bacon and serve.
- Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!
- If you enjoyed this easy corn recipe, be sure to check out our Country Corn Casserole!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!