Okra and Corn Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm, once you taste this favorite Southern side dish packed with bacon, you'll be hooked! This homestyle recipe is guaranteed to be partnering with all kinds of main dishes on your dinner table throughout the year.
What You'll Need
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on a paper towel-lined platter then crumble and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the red pepper and scallions over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in okra, corn, tomato, salt, and black pepper, and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in bacon and serve.
- Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!
- If you enjoyed this easy corn recipe, be sure to check out our Country Corn Casserole!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!