Onion Cheese Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a contest winner that's a rich, smooth, flavorful casserole. It puts homemade taste on your table without any fuss at all.
What You'll Need
- 6 large onions, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
What to Do
- Place onions and water in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are tender; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, combine the cooked onions, Cheddar cheese, flour, scallions, the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
- Place onion mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over onion mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top turns golden brown.
This is a great side dish for meat, chicken, or fish...whatever you like.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!