Quick Baked Falafel
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a baked version of the popular Middle Eastern dish that is typically pan fried in lots of oil. Falafels are high in protein...and the taste is the tops!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15 to 19 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor that has been fitted with its steel cutting blade. Process until well blended. Shape mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls and place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. With palm of your hand, flatten balls into 1/2-inch thick patties. Spray tops with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides, turning halfway through cooking.
One serving is 3 or 4 patties in a warm pita bread with chopped lettuce and tomatoes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.