Roasted Tomatoes Oscar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Enjoy your tomatoes in a whole new way with our recipe for Roasted Tomatoes Oscar. We top roasted tomatoes with asparagus and hollandaise, which is known as Oscar-style, before digging in to a bounty of deliciousness!
What You'll Need
- 4 tomatoes, both ends removed, cut in half
- 16 spears asparagus, trimmed to about 6 inches in length
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (0.9-ounce) package hollandaise sauce mix, prepared according to package directions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tomato halves on baking sheet and place 2 asparagus spears on top of each tomato.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown. Just before serving, drizzle with warm hollandaise sauce.
- Remember, you can add crab or lobster to this recipe if you desire!
- Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness. One of the favorites around here is Roasted Brussels Sprouts -- check it out!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.