Smashed Pinto Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Did you know that pinto beans are the most common bean found in the United States? No wonder we thought this recipe for Smashed Pinto Beans would come in handy. This is a great side dish potluck recipe the next time a friend is hosting a Mexican food-themed party. It only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish, so you won't be spending all your time in the kitchen either.
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
What To Do:
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
Stir in tomato sauce and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
Mash bean mixture with a potato masher until thickened, leaving some beans whole.
Keep these slightly spicy, fiber-rich beans on hand for quick breakfast burritos or soft veggie tacos.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition 'cause it's loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Ratatouille ("Garden Relish")
- Garden-Fresh Zucchini Recipes: 24 Summer Recipes with Zucchini
- Homemade Microwave Pickles
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 22 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Zucchini Squares
- Fried Cabbage
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Sweet Onion Casserole