Smoky Black Eyed Peas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bacon adds a smoky twist to a traditional black eyed pea recipe that's sure to please.
What You'll Need
- 5 tablespoons slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen black-eyed peas, thawed
- 1 large tomato, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Add onion to pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 45 to 50 minutes, until tomato has cooked down to form a sauce, stirring occasionally. Crumble bacon and add to pan, just to heat.