Springtime Veggie Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When corn is at its height of freshness, pull out this recipe to enjoy the bounty of your springtime garden.
What You'll Need
- 4 large ears fresh corn, husks removed
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
What to Do
- Coat cold grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees). Coat corn with cooking spray.
- Grill corn, covered, 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Remove corn from grill and cool slightly.
- To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
- In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, arugula, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic, tossing gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Looking for more fantastic recipes for spring? Be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes.