Stacked Pasta Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stacked Pasta Salad is a unique twist on a pasta casserole. It's a must-have for any vegetable lover!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound tri-colored pasta twists
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 bunch (2 to 3 stalks) broccoli, cut into small florets and blanched (see Note)
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets and blanched (see Note)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, scallions, tarragon, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Reserve 1 cup sour cream mixture and add pasta to remaining sour cream mixture; toss until well coated.
- In a trifle dish or large glass serving bowl, layer half the pasta mixture, half the broccoli, half the cauliflower, and half the bell pepper. Repeat layers once more and drizzle with reserved sour cream mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Toss just before serving.
- To blanch the broccoli and cauliflower florets, add each to boiling water for 1 minute then remove to a bowl of ice water to immediately stop them from cooking any further; drain.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 512
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 8.4g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 14g 29 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 875mg 36 %
- Total Carbohydrates 65g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.9g 27 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.