Caramelized Onion & Bacon Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you want to serve a mouthwatering dip at your next event, then look no further than this recipe for Caramelized Onion & Bacon Dip! This is a dip that's sure to get talked about all night long. To make this dip recipe we start by sauteing onions until they're golden, which brings out their natural sweetness. Add those to a seasoned cream cheese mixture, top it with some bacon, and into the oven it goes - the results are amazing!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices crispy-cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter with oil until hot. Add onions and saute 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined. Stir in onions. Spoon into casserole dish and top with bacon.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly. Top with scallions and serve.
We like to serve this mouthwatering dip with toasted French bread rounds.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!