Cheesy Chicken Pita Wedges
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's lots to love about pita, but top it with cheese and chicken and you've got pita heaven! These Cheesy Chicken Pita Wedges take yummy pita to a whole new level of deliciousness!
What You'll Need
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 4 (6-inch) pita bread rounds
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine first 10 ingredients and, if desired, red bell pepper in a large bowl; stir well.
Slice each pita horizontally to make 2 rounds. Spread chicken mixture evenly over rough sides of pita rounds. Using a pizza cutter, slice each round into 8 wedges; place wedges on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until topping is golden and bubbly. Garnish, if desired, with sliced green onions, shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, or salsa. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).