Fresh Avocado Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can dip tortilla chips for a Mexican flair, or try dipping fresh-cut veggies for that fresh-from-the-garden taste. Our Fresh Avocado Dip is perfect for anytime-snacking.
What You'll Need:
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted (see Note)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or 4 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-sized ripe tomato, chopped
What To Do:
- Place all ingredients except the tomato in a medium bowl; mash with a potato masher or fork until chunky. Stir gently until well combined.
- Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate or shallow serving bowl and top with the chopped tomato
Don't worry if you can't find ripe avocados. You can always place firm ones in a paper bag and keep in a warm spot in your kitchen a day or two before you plan to make this. That should do the trick!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Between the freshness of the lemon, the snap of the asparagus, and the richness from the butter, it's hard to say what you'll love best about our Lemon Chive Asparagus. This healthy and elegant side dish is a must-make - especially in the spring!