Fresh Avocado Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can dip tortilla chips for a Mexican flair, or try dipping fresh-cut veggies for that fresh-from-the-garden taste. Our Fresh Avocado Dip is perfect for anytime-snacking.
What You'll Need
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted (see Note)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or 4 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-sized ripe tomato, chopped
What to Do
- Place all ingredients except the tomato in a medium bowl; mash with a potato masher or fork until chunky. Stir gently until well combined.
- Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate or shallow serving bowl and top with the chopped tomato
Don't worry if you can't find ripe avocados. You can always place firm ones in a paper bag and keep in a warm spot in your kitchen a day or two before you plan to make this. That should do the trick!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!