Idaho Potato Spinach Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Potato balls make for a tasty start to any meal, and these are kicked up a notch thanks to nutrient-rich spinach and spicy pepper Jack cheese. This one's a sure crowd-pleaser, for the holidays and beyond!
What You'll Need:
- 4 Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do:
In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, spinach and eggs. Beat with mixer until well blended. Season with nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Add cheese and 4 tablespoons of flour. Stir until flour is well blended.
Spread remaining flour on a glass plate and season with salt and pepper. Form potato mixture into 1-inch balls. Drop potato balls onto flour-covered plate. Roll balls in flour to coat and place on a baking sheet that's been coated with cooking spray.
Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Remove potato balls from refrigerator; spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.