Idaho Potato Spinach Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Potato balls make for a tasty start to any meal, and these are kicked up a notch thanks to nutrient-rich spinach and spicy pepper Jack cheese. This one's a sure crowd-pleaser, for the holidays and beyond!
What You'll Need
- 4 Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to Do
In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, spinach and eggs. Beat with mixer until well blended. Season with nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Add cheese and 4 tablespoons of flour. Stir until flour is well blended.
Spread remaining flour on a glass plate and season with salt and pepper. Form potato mixture into 1-inch balls. Drop potato balls onto flour-covered plate. Roll balls in flour to coat and place on a baking sheet that's been coated with cooking spray.
Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Remove potato balls from refrigerator; spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping and a squeeze of fresh lemon.