We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Call it by its fancy name, pate, or call it chopped liver. The old saying, "What am I, chopped liver?!" may come from the fact that this creamy spread is more often served as a side dish than a main course.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds sliced beef or calf's liver
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 large onions, sliced
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place liver on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer red.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, and saute 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- When liver is cooked and still warm, cut into 2-inch chunks and place in a food processor fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process 15 to 20 seconds, or until liver is well chopped; place in a large bowl.
- Repeat chopping process with the eggs then the onions, adding each to the liver after chopping.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 3 pounds pate.
Liver pate is a super spread to serve along with matzo or crackers, or over lettuce surrounded by tomato slices.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.