My Way Bruschetta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 24 bruschetta pieces
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Taste the comfort of homemade Italian bread topped with yummy cheese and seasonings. My Way Bruschetta will have everybody applauding and saying, "Molto Bene!" (Very good!)
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Place bread cut-side up on a foil-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle mixture over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle bread with scallions and tomato then top with cheese.
- Bake in the upper half of the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese melts and begins to brown. Cut into 1-inch pieces and serve.
- For an even cheesier bruschetta, sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese before topping with the mozzarella cheese.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!