We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've all seen quiche with lots of different fillings, but when it's accented with bacon this way, it's like our old French standby.
What You'll Need
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg for topping
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cheeses and sprinkle half mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle on bacon bits then cover with remaining cheese combination.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, onion powder, and black pepper and beat until thoroughly mixed. Pour over cheese and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until firm and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into pie-shaped pieces.
Go ahead...mix or match your favorite cheeses. This is even a great way to use up those bits of leftover cheeses in the back of your fridge.