Tomato Mozzarella Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't be fooled by the name! This "toast" is the perfect party appetizer, light lunch or supper! With the garden-fresh taste of Tomato Mozzarella Toast, you'll be the "toast of the table!"
What You'll Need
- 4 large ripe tomates, cored and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 (8-inch) Italian rolls
- 8 thin slices (about 1/4 pound) prosciutto or baked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the basil, garlic, salt, and pepper; let stand 30 minutes.
- Slice rolls in half horizontally. Brush cut sides with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; place on shallow pan and broil until golden.
- Reserve about 1/3 cup tomato mixture; spoon remaining tomato mixture on rolls, dividing evenly. Top each with 2 slices of prosciutto, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and an equal amount of reserved tomato mixture. Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.