Beef Vegetable Kabobs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Squash, onion, and mushrooms are what make these Beef Vegetable Kabobs the best! With these favorites, we can't go wrong.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin steaks or boneless top sirloin
- 3/4 cup red wine vinaigrette, divided
- 12 medium-size fresh mushrooms
- 6 medium jalapeno peppers
- 2 medium-size yellow squash, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium-size red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1/4 cup hot jalapeno jelly
What to Do
- Cut steak into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Place steak in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette. Seal bag; shake until steak is coated. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag once. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Thread steak and vegetables alternately onto 6 (15-inch) metal or wooden skewers (see note).
- Preheat the grill. Combine remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette and the jelly in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until jelly melts.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees) 6 minutes on each side or until steak reaches desired degree of doneness, basting often with jelly mixture.
Some like it hot? and some don't! For timid taste buds, use 1 small green bell pepper cut into1-inch pieces instead of 6 whole jalapenos. Serve with yellow rice for a colorful and filling dinner. If you use wooden skewers, remember to soak them in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes before threading the steak and veggies!