Beer Basted Rib Eye Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The name says it all! Our Beer-Basted Rib Eye Roast gets its rich flavor from a bottle of dark beer. This classic German-style roast makes any day taste like Oktoberfest.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-pound) boneless rib eye roast
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced into thin slivers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1/2 cup beef broth
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut slits 1-inch deep into top of roast at regular intervals and insert garlic into slits. Rub soy sauce over all sides of roast then sprinkle with pepper. Place roast into pan and scatter onions around it.
- Cook roast for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Pour 1/4 cup beer over roast then continue cooking for 75 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, basting with beer every 30 minutes.
- Remove roast to cutting board and let sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add any remaining beer and the beef broth to pan. Cook over medium-high heat and deglaze by stirring to dislodge brown bits on bottom of pan. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice roast and serve with pan juices.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 353
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 54g 108 %
- Cholesterol 146mg 49 %
- Sodium 900mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 5.3g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 1.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!