Braised Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love ribs like we do, you want to try all the best recipes... and this is one of 'em!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 3/4 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 (15 ounce each) cans whole potatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans, thawed
What to Do
- Heat oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat. Add short ribs and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, or until ribs are browned on all sides. Add water. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook 35 minutes. Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water until steam no longer escapes from vent pipe and pressure is completely reduced. Remove lid and drain off excess liquid.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar; add to ribs along with potatoes and lima beans; mix well. Bring to a boil over high heat, uncovered, then reduce heat to low and simmer 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Remove to a serving platter and serve immediately.