Treasure Chest Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Some recipes are just treasures, and none has been more popular around the Mr. Food Test Kitchen than this one for chicken. Aptly named Treasure Chest Chicken, it is a combo of unexpected flavors and textures that takes your taste buds to faraway lands.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
What To Do:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
- Add chicken to bag, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes or until no pink remains, basting occasionally with pan juices. Serve topped with pan juices.
- This is great served hot or cold.
- You can also marinate the chicken in a glass baking dish. Just be sure to turn the chicken occasionally during the marinating process.
- This tasty chicken dish goes great with a side of our Mushroom Rice Pilaf.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The glaze in this flavor-packed pork dish is made with an ingredient you may have never tried before. This ingredient adds a slightly salty, Asian flair to dishes and is great for cooking with, as well as dipping into. You'll have to try our recipe for Skillet Glazed Pork to see for yourself!