Cozy Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 25 Min
This warm and cozy beef stew is the perfect one-pot meal to throw together and cook on the stovetop. The best part is it tastes even better the next day, so it fits as a make-ahead, too!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans mixed vegetables, undrained (see Notes)
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole potatoes, drained and quartered, with liquid reserved
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and quartered, with liquid reserved
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed beef broth
What to Do
In a soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Add beef, onion, garlic, and pepper, and cook 10 minutes, or until beef is browned, stirring frequently.
Stir in remaining ingredients, including reserved liquids, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 1 hour, or until beef is tender and a thick gravy has formed, stirring occasionally.
For a chunkier stew, use 1 can cut green beans and 1 can sliced carrots instead of 2 cans mixed vegetables.
Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got the best southern coleslaw recipe around! It's big on taste and crunch, with the Tex-Mex flavors everyone loves! Our Texas Slaw comes with an optional kick if you're feeling a little adventurous! This is the perfect southern coleslaw recipe to impress the guests this summer!