Diner-Style Salisbury Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, scallions, bread crumbs, egg, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape into four 1/2 inch-thick oval patties.
- Heat skillet over medium heat; cook patties 5 to 7 minutes per side or until no pink remains.
- Add gravy, water, horseradish, and mushrooms and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Each serving makes a hearty meal, so you can certainly make smaller portions - just form the mixture into six or eight smaller patties.
- This recipe is inspired by the 1970s TV show, Happy Days. We're sure that "The Fonz," Richie, and the rest of the Cunninghams enjoyed this meal for dinner many times. For more recipes like this, check out our collection of Classic Old-Fashioned Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 431
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27g 42 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 1.6g 0 %
- Protein 36g 73 %
- Cholesterol 162mg 54 %
- Sodium 608mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.2g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!