Down Home Chicken Fried Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now who doesn't love mama's homestyle cooking? These Down Home Chicken Fried Steaks are making our mouths water just thinking them.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (4-ounce) cubed steaks
- 38 saltine crackers, crushed (about 1 sleeve)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups milk, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 (2.64-ounce) package country gravy mix
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- Sprinkle salt evenly over steaks; set aside.
- Combine crackers, flour, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Whisk together 3/4 cup milk and eggs in a separate shallow dish. Dredge steaks in cracker mixture; dip in milk mixture and again in cracker mixture.
- Pour oil into a 12-incch skillet (do not use a nonstick skillet); heat oil to 360 degrees F. (See Note.) Fry steaks 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain steaks on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy according to package directions, using remaining 1 cup milk and 1 cup water. Serve over steaks.
Don't use a nonstick skillet when frying up these golden, delicious steaks - it can't handle the heat and will smoke.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,193
- Calories from Fat 693
- Total Fat 77g 118 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 80 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 40g 81 %
- Cholesterol 180mg 60 %
- Sodium 1,457mg 61 %
- Total Carbohydrates 82g 27 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!