Irish Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
All eyes will be smiling, Irish or not, when we serve up this hearty Irish Beef Stew inspired by the classic tastes of the Emerald Isle. This all-in-one-pot meal cooks up to be weeknight or company special.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef or lamb stew meat
- 3 cups beef broth
- 12 ounces can Guinness beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 celery stalks, sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
What to Do
In a soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Stir in stew meat and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned.
Stir in broth, beer, garlic, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Add carrots, celery, and onion; mix well then cook 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour with water. Stir into stew, then cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
- Plus, if you really love this Irish Beef Stew, be sure to check out another Irish dinner recipe like our Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!