Dutch Apple Crumb Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Every year, one of our awesome team members makes this Dutch Apple Crumb Pie as the crowning point to her festive holiday meals. Luckily, she shared this recipe so it can now be a part of your holiday festivities too!
What You'll Need
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate; flute edges and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and salt. Using a knife in scissor-like fashion, cut in butter, creating large crumbs.
- In another large bowl, toss apples with granulated sugar, remaining flour, and remaining cinnamon. Spoon apple mixture into pie crust. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples, packing lightly. Place pie on baking sheet.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours, or until apples are tender and crumbs are golden. If crumbs become too brown, place a 4-inch square of foil over middle of pie for remaining baking time. Cool on wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 439
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 6.4g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.6g 7 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 389mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 75g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!