We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether the name scares you or makes you curious, you've got to try these! It's the rice sticking out the sides of these meatballs that makes us call them porcupines.
What You'll Need
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce and sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, rice, onion, salt, pepper, and 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce mixture; mix well. Roll into 1-inch balls, then place them in a large skillet. Brown over medium-high heat for 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Stir Worcestershire sauce into remaining tomato sauce mixture, then pour over meatballs. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 30 to 35 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through and rice is tender.
Be sure you don't use instant rice here.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 341
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 24g 48 %
- Cholesterol 108mg 36 %
- Sodium 691mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.