Quick as a Wink Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It used to be that cooking beef stew was a long, drawn-out process. It took hours to slice and brown the beef, chop the veggies, and cook it all. Haven't you wished for an easier version that still has old-time homemade slow-cooked taste? Your wish is granted. . .and it's ready quick as a wink, just like the name says.
What You'll Need
- 2 (12-ounce) jars beef gravy
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 (½-inch-thick) slices (about 1½ pounds) deli roast beef, cubed
- 2 (14½-ounce) cans whole new potatoes, drained (with any large potatoes quartered)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14½-ounce) cans sliced carrots, drained
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all the ingredients except the carrots over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Add the carrots, stirring until warmed through. Serve.
When buying the roast beef from the deli, just ask that it be cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; then you just have to cut it into cubes. Freeze individual portions of leftover dinners in microwaveable containers for quick ready-in-minutes meals.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.