Short Ribs and Cabbage Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one of Howard's favorite soup recipes. His grandmother, Rose, always made sure to add lots of short ribs to make a hearty soup that would keep the whole family full. Short Ribs and Cabbage Soup is an old-world recipe that's full of flavor!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
What to Do
- In a soup pot over high heat, heat oil; brown short ribs on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 2 to 2-1/4 hours, or until the soup is thickened and short ribs are tender.