Stuffed Border Burgers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No need to head to the drive-in or the border to enjoy our juicy, sink-your-teeth-into-'em Stuffed Border Burgers right at home. This inside-out cheeseburger is sure to turn mealtime into a fiesta.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 6 onion rolls, split and toasted
What to Do
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, olives, ketchup, and taco seasoning. Shape mixture into 12 (4-inch) patties.
- Fold cheese slices into quarters; place cheese in center of each of 6 patties. Top with remaining 6 patties, pressing to seal edges.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done. Serve on rolls.
Shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and guacamole make great toppings for these burgers, if you like. And if you really want to make them extra special, you can whip up a batch of Tex-Mex Secret Sauce by stirring together 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, and 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro in a small bowl. Just cover and chill sauce in the fridge until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 534
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 30g 46 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 60 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 34g 67 %
- Cholesterol 102mg 34 %
- Sodium 905mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 5.2g 0 %