Apple Nut Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This wholesome homemade apple muffins recipe with walnuts is a welcome addition to your rise 'n' shine routine or as yummy edible gifts. Everybody loves homemade goodies, and these muffins are no exception!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the salt; mix well.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs with milk. Stir in chopped apple and melted butter. Add apple mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. (Batter will be very stiff.) Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter, distributing evenly.
Combine walnuts, brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from muffin tin. Serve warm.
Need another fantastic homemade muffin recipe? Then check out My Aunt's Blueberry Muffins!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 224
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 290mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %