Breakfast Potato Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be on the receiving end of a sea of compliments when you serve our easy Breakfast Potato Boats. This hearty version of stuffed potato skins made from All-American Idaho Russet Potatoes is super for breakfast, brunch or even a light dinner.
What You'll Need
- 2 large (12- to 14-ounce) Idaho Russet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and pierce skins several times with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until tender. Let cool 5 minutes then slice in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; scramble eggs until firm.
- Evenly divide eggs into potato halves and sprinkle with tomatoes, bacon, cheese, and scallions. Place on baking sheet and heat in oven 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Save the scooped out potato and mash with a bit of butter, salt, and pepper. Then simply pan-fry it for a double bonus!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 434
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 9.9g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 410mg 137 %
- Sodium 630mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g 19 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!