Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Breakfast Potato Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be on the receiving end of a sea of compliments when you serve our easy Breakfast Potato Boats. This hearty version of stuffed potato skins made from All-American Idaho Russet Potatoes is super for breakfast, brunch or even a light dinner.
What You'll Need
- 2 large (12- to 14-ounce) Idaho Russet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and pierce skins several times with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until tender. Let cool 5 minutes then slice in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; scramble eggs until firm.
- Evenly divide eggs into potato halves and sprinkle with tomatoes, bacon, cheese, and scallions. Place on baking sheet and heat in oven 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Save the scooped out potato and mash with a bit of butter, salt, and pepper. Then simply pan-fry it for a double bonus!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 434
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 9.9g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 410mg 137 %
- Sodium 630mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g 19 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got friends coming over to watch a game, or you're just looking for an easy lunch or snack, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a real winner. Buffalo chicken makes for a tasty addition inside these cheesy quesadillas, and the celery adds a nice a crunch!