Classic Cream Scones
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen scones
- 9 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
We think you'll agree when we say these scones are some of the best ever! And they take up to only 25 minutes from start to finish... ooh they're so good!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Additional sugar
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine first 4 ingredients. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- Whisk together cream, egg, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-inch round cutter, and place on baking sheets.
- Whisk together egg white and 1 teaspoon water; brush mixture over scones. Sprinkle scones with additional sugar. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With fresh ingredients, and nothing but organic spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!