Fiesta Pull-Apart Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got a pull-apart bread that's got a tasty twist, and it pairs perfectly with an ice cold margarita! Our Fiesta Pull-Apart Bread has a flavorful combo of cream cheese, taco seasoning, and green chilies that will have your taste buds dancing in delight! It's a perfect treat for celebrations, and easy enough to make anytime you want it.
What You'll Need
- 1 round loaf hearty white or sourdough bread, unsliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained well
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- Queso cotija cheese for sprinkling (see note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Tear a piece of aluminum foil large enough to loosely wrap the whole bread.
- Using a serrated knife, make a series of parallel cuts in the bread about 1-inch apart and about 2-inches deep. Then rotate the bread and cut it in the opposite direction until you end up with a crisscross pattern (see photo). Place the bread on the foil, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except queso cotija cheese; mix well. Evenly spread cream cheese mixture into all the bread cuts, being careful not to break the bread apart. If you get some of the cheese filling on the crust, wipe it off with a paper towel. Wrap the bread loosely in foil.
- Place the wrapped loaf on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, then uncover it and continue to bake 10 to 15 minutes or until the cream cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cotija cheese and serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Not sure what cotija cheese is? Cotija is a Hispanic-style cheese named after the town of Cotija in Mexico. This hard, crumbly cheese is usually made from cow's milk. It is similar to feta which can be a substitute in the rare case that you cannot find this at your local market.
- Need a margarita recipe to go with this pull-apart bread? We suggest our Marvelous Frozen Margaritas, or, if you've got a bit of a sweet tooth, try our Ultimate Strawberry Margaritas!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For Amish recipes you'll love, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 338
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 9.1g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 14g 28 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 580mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!