Homemade Pretzel Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's something about a buttery pretzel roll that always hits the spot. We've got a better-than-store-bought option for you in our Homemade Pretzel Rolls! These warm, buttery rolls are easy to make and will change any dinner menu or sandwich from ordinary to extraordinary. One bite and you'll understand why Howard loves them so much!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 8 cups water
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coarse salt for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Form each biscuit into a ball-shape and pinch ends to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut slits on top of dough in an “X” pattern. These work best if they are only about 1/8-inch deep.
- In a soup pot, combine water and baking soda. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low. Add dough balls to simmering water and cook 30 seconds. Turn over and simmer 15 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place “X” side up on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes then remove to a platter to cool completely.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip:
- These are great slathered with butter, cut in half and used as the ultimate slider roll, or dunked into a hot and hearty bowl of soup.
- When it comes to traditional bread rolls, you need to try our delicious Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits! And you can bet that our Old Time Corn Bread Muffins are always a winner.
- How about indulging in one of our best copycat recipes? These Quick Cheddar Biscuits are sure to impress.
- For more fun with biscuits check out this collection of Easy Biscuit Recipes and Homemade Roll Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
When it comes to dinner time, we're here to help.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 188
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 0.6mg 0 %
- Sodium 3,184mg 133 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 4.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!