Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium head Napa or Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil; sauté chicken 5 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining sesame oil, and saute sesame seeds and garlic 3 to 5 minutes, or until seeds are golden brown. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and vegetable oil; cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken and heat 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, snow peas, and carrot. Add dressing with chicken and toss until cabbage is evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Check This Out!
- Feeling inspired to stay with the Asian theme? Serve up our Good Luck Sherbet for a tasty and refreshing ending to your meal.
- Looking for another main course? Try our Lucky Chinese Noodles, our Imperial Pork Pot Stickers, or General Tso's Chicken!
- For even more Chinese goodness, check out our collection of Takeout Dishes to Make at Home.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 536
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 36g 55 %
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 30g 60 %
- Cholesterol 73mg 24 %
- Sodium 904mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.7g 15 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.