Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium head Napa or Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil; sauté chicken 5 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining sesame oil, and saute sesame seeds and garlic 3 to 5 minutes, or until seeds are golden brown. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and vegetable oil; cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken and heat 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, snow peas, and carrot. Add dressing with chicken and toss until cabbage is evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Feeling inspired to stay with the Asian theme? Serve up our Good Luck Sherbet for a tasty and refreshing ending to your meal.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.