Chocolate Mousse Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This rich and decadent Chocolate Mousse Cake really looks like it came from a bakery, so you might just have a time of it convincing everyone you made this yourself. But when you tell them how easy it was, they’ll surely want the recipe!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups finely crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed graham crackers and butter; mix well. Press into a 9-inch springform pan, covering bottom and sides to form a crust. Chill until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks; set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Slowly add egg mixture, quickly whisking until well blended. Remove from heat; set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture until well blended. Spoon into prepared crust; cover and chill at least 6 hours, or until firm.
To make this extra special, serve each slice topped with some fresh whipped cream and a chocolate-dipped strawberry. Wow!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!