Chocolate Strawberry Dream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
We first made Chocolate Strawberry Dream Cake for one of our monthly office birthday parties. We all thought it was so good that we've had it every month since!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (4-serving) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Bake cake batter according to package directions for two 9-inch round layers; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat pudding mix and milk until well combined; allow to thicken slightly.
- Invert one cake layer onto a serving plate. Spread 1 cup pudding over cake layer and cover with sliced strawberries.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining pudding with whipped topping until thoroughly blended. Place second cake layer over strawberries then frost top and sides of cake with whipped topping mixture. Chill at least 2 hours then serve, or cover loosely and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Be sure to give this cake its domed look by placing the top layer of cake curved-side up.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!