Cranberry Swirl Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This cake is a simple, yet stunning, way to make your holiday menu sparkle. Our Cranberry Swirl Cake features ruby red cranberries swirled into sweet, moist cake; the confectioners' sugar sprinkling on top is all that's needed to usher in a white and wonderful Christmas season. So, when the carolers come calling, bring out you Bundt pan and make this elegant holiday dessert.
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2-cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Add the sour cream, almond extract, and walnuts.
- Pour half the batter into Bundt pan. Spoon half the can of cranberry sauce on top of batter and swirl with knife. Cover with remaining batter. Spoon remaining cranberry sauce on top and swirl.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 376
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 24g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 63 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 4.8g 10 %
- Cholesterol 85mg 28 %
- Sodium 397mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!