Million Dollar Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This incredible pound cake is one in a million. That's why we call it our Million Dollar Pound Cake! Made from a few basic ingredients you probably always have on hand, this pound cake recipe surely takes the cake! Whether you're serving dessert just for the gang or you're setting out a fancy dessert for the guests, everyone will love this Million Dollar Pound Cake recipe. It's so good, the only thing left after dessert will be empty plates and happy smiles.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange Glaze
- Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Mix in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled Million Dollar Pound Cake, or almost any cool or room temperature cake or cookies.
- This is a nice, moist pound cake, so it's great served as-is, but you can serve it with just about anything! Some of our favorites include, fresh fruit, whipped cream and ice cream. A steamy mug of our Italian coffee goes perfectly with a slice! Get ready to have the snacktime (or anytime) of a lifetime!
- Add a whole new flavor, or look, to your Million Dollar Pound Cake by trying a different kind of glaze. Click here to learn how to make glaze and for more glaze recipes!
- If you love pound cake and are craving some different varieties and flavors, then check out our collection of 10 Perfectly Pleasing Pound Cake Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. We love serving this one with a scoop of rice or noodles for an authentically tasty meal.
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Confetti Upside Down Cake
- Cake Mix Recipes: 39 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Old Fashioned Pound Cake
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Hawaiian Poke Cake
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Bakery Crumb Cake